Who We Are!
We are a small practice that stresses preventative medicine and quality of life for dogs, cats, pocket pets and horses. Our practice is family orientated where you and your pet won’t get lost in the hustle and bustle of a large multi-vet practice.
Our mission is to provide our clients with compassionate veterinary care with an emphasis on disease prevention while ensuring a high quality of life for our patients. We believe that this necessities an open, trusting relationship between the clinic staff and our clients.
Best part about our clinic is we all love coming to work and helping people keep their animals healthy and happy. We hope that we can help you and your pet enjoy life to the fullest!
What We Do!
Preventative Health Care
- Head to Tail exams
- Dental check-ups because 90% of pets over the age of 2 years have significant dental disease! Dental disease is painful and untreated can lead to major organ failure (kidney, liver and heart). Good news dental disease is preventable!
- Weight control as obesity is linked is to many diseases.
- Blood pressure monitoring
- Intra-ocular (eye) pressure check
- Nutritional/ Behavioural consultations
- Preventative medical testing
- Preventative vaccinations tailored to your pets needs
- Preventive medications
- In-house Blood/ urine/fecal
- In-house X-rays
- Quick access to multiple different expert labs/ specialists when they are needed!
- Medical, Surgical and Dental care
- Surgical suite with water warming blanket, Blood Pressure and Respiratory monitoring.
- Liquid Nitrogen Surgery which requires no General Anaesthesia
- Separate Dog and Cat ward to reduce stress
- Separate Intensive Care Ward with computerized IV Fluid Therapy Pumps
- Pain Management/ Palliative care/ Physiotherapy
- Palliative/ Rehabilitation Therapy
- Emphasizing nutritional, complementary and alternative therapies
Help Protect Your Family From Zoonosis
- Some diseases/parasites (called zoonosis) can be transmitted to humans.
- Help protect your family’s health by ensuring your pet is healthy
- Information sheets/ Information Boards
- Educational Speakers/Workshops
Our “SHEPARD” Rule!
- Safety! For the safety of everyone and everything always bring your pet on a leash or in a crate.
- Honesty! Expectations! We need you to be completely honest with us. We expect you to follow the agreed treatment regime.
- Preparedness! We also need you to write down all your concerns and your pet’s signs of illness so that when you come you won’t forget any detail. If seeking a second opinion or transferring to us, please ensure that all your vet records are transferred to us well before the appointment so we have a chance to read them over before we meet.
- Ability! If you can’t follow the treatment regime properly then you need to tell us! If your pet does not get their treatments correctly then they won’t get better or they will relapse!
- Remember! Your pet is our patient and we will always make recommendations that are in their best interests!
- Dialogue! If things are not going well, we expect you to call or visit us ASAP! Remember you know your pet the best so please be open and honest with us!
- Prescription food and treats
- Premium Foods designed to keep your pet at their best
- Supplements/ Nutraceuticals
- Supplements and recipes for people who need or wish to home cook for their pet
- Alternative and Complimentary Medicines
- Obedience/ Behavioural Aids
- Toys/ Healthy Treats
- Pet Supplies– dishes, collars, leashes & more
- Boarding for cats and dogs.
- Basic bathing/grooming for dogs
- Bathing and grooming for cats, including Lion clips for long haired cats who hate to be groomed.